Tuesday 15 May 2012

Access Local PC Server From Android phone Using WIFI (no root required))

Hello Friends...

      (For Not Rooted Android Phone)

  • I have seen lots of sites to connect my android device to the local PC sever (WAMP server) using WiFi.
  • Actually i wanted to access my local server from my android browser like we are accessing in our computer's browser and wanted to access database of pc from my android application.
  • But by default android phone does not connect to the ad-hoc network that is created in computer .
so guys lets start the steps.


  1. First of all Start Tethering from your Android Phone.[goto setting>Wireless and networks>Tethering and portable hotspot>Portable Wi-Fi hotspot (check it ).




2.  Now connect to that network from your pc using wifi.

3. Open Command Prompt and type ipconfig/all
    and press enter . It will show you all the connection .
    note wireless network connection IPv4 Address: in my pc it is  192.168.43.5


4.  Start your Server (WAMP server ).
     Put it online


     
4. Now in your Android phone browser Address write the IPv4 address that you have noted in step 2.
    in my case it is 192.168.43.5
    now it will open your server (wamp) page in your mobile browser.


you can also use static ip .
for this you have to set static IPv4 address in your wireless network adapter properties.



please comment if you have any doubt.....

3 comments:

  1. i am still not able to access my lochal host from my phone

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article. I am hoping the same best work from you in the future as well. In fact your creative writing abilities has inspired me to start my own BlogEngine blog now. Really the blogging is spreading its wings rapidly. Your write up is a fine example of it.
    HPE StoreVirtual VSA

    ReplyDelete